Majority language instruction as basis for plurilingual education
Subtitle: Diversifying "Mother Tongue" Teaching in Multilingual Contexts
Medium-term project (2009-2011)
Project working languages: English and German
Thematic strand: Plurilingual education
Expected results and output:
- collection of strategies for change management in the field of plurilingual majority language teaching;
- illustrative case studies/examples of good practice from a variety of countries;
- conclusions on how to transfer good ideas to other contexts in order to improve majority language teaching with regard for plurilingualism.
Target audience for the activities planned within the project:
- teachers working as multipliers in networks;
- teacher educators.
Target audience for the project results:
- teacher educators;
- curriculum and learning materials developers.
Sector of education focussed on:
- lower and upper secondary school.